Schier Shoes, has been making velskoen out of Swakopmund, Namibia, since 1935. They call them velskoen, pronounced ”fell-skoon”, known colloquially as ”vellies” or ”skoens”.
”They’re the ancestor of the modern-day desert boot,” says Aurora James, creative director at Schier Shoes.
”They have been around since the 1600s, inspired by the footwear of the Khoikhoi, and were crafted using raw materials. Since then they have evolved and have been given a rubber sole.” - TIMESLIVE
- brothervellies likes this
- panpablo-blog reblogged this from kefifi and added:
- panpablo-blog likes this
- heatontheline reblogged this from okmalume
- okmalume reblogged this from kefifi
- b-guurd reblogged this from kefifi and added:
- kefifi posted this